This ostrich recipe makes an ostrich pie called Ostrich Delight.
Ostrich Pie Recipe
Author: Jenny Meadows
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: South African
This recipe makes a delicious ostrich pie
- 1 Pre-made roll of non-sweetened pastry, frozen
- 1 Ostrich fillet and/or ostrich cubes
- Raw mushrooms, cut up
- Raw onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Thaw pastry and meat completely.
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C or 350° F.
- Roll out pastry and put the thawed meat and other ingredients inside.
- Roll it up and seal the ends with a bit of water.
- Oil a flat cookie sheet or baking dish.
- Put the roll in/on it. Cook for approximately 40 min.
- Serves 6 (or 3, says Jenny if she's one of the guests!)
This ostrich recipe was submitted by Jenny Meadows, a Texan who lived in South Africa. Thanks!
170 Ways To Cook Mouth-Watering South African Food In The USA