Tired of boring weekends? Join us for a whole weekend of fun at the Kurt Darren concert in Bandera, TX on Feb 9!
South African musician, Kurt Darren, will be in Texas on the weekend of Feb 8-9, 2014 and will have a concert in Bandera on Sunday, Feb 9. It will be an afternoon concert to fit in better with people’s travel schedules.
This isn’t only about the concert though… it is about a whole weekend of fun! There will be a big Bring & Braai on the Saturday evening where people can mingle and have a decent South African party!
On top of this, Bandera is a beautiful Texas town that is known as the The Cowboy Capital of the World. There are many dude ranches and other interesting “cowboy” places to visit.
It is easy to make an unforgettable weekend out of this one!
If you’ve been out of South Africa for a long time and you’re wondering, “Who is Kurt Darren?”… here is one of his songs…
Here are more details…
The Kurt Darren Concert will take place at the 11TH STREET COWBOY BAR in Bandera – Map to the Venue
Saturday, Feb 8
- SA Bring & Braai to start at 5 pm. at 11th Street Cowboy Bar
- Band : “Homer Whisenant and the Plainsman” performing for us at 8:30 pm. fun, dancing etc.
- BBQ pits, braai equipment and eating utensils supplied free, bring meat and dish to share.
- Cash wine/beer/sodas bar available, bring own hard liquor – $5 cover charge.
Sunday, Feb 9
- 11:30 ish am. Arrive at 11th Street Cowboy Bar (bring ticket and hard liquor)
- 12:00 :- Curry and Rice and Malva Pudding served ($5 per person total)
- 1:00 pm :- Kurt Darren Concert starts!!
- 2:00 pm :- Intermission – The Austin Bagpiper performs for us (Tips welcome!)
- 2:30 pm :- Kurt Darren Concert continues ! Sokkie floor is huge!!
- 3:30 pm :- Gifts, prizes and auction to be presented…. with thanks!
- 4:00 pm :- Picture time and SA Bazaar opens! (If you have baked goodies or goods you want to sell – this is your time!) Free stand.
- Party and music and sokkie and fun will continue… drive home safely or spend another night!
Here are the accommodations available. They are all close to the venue. Use the discount code “South African Concert”:
River Front Motel
7 great cabins walking distance – blocked for one week and only 7 cabins left!!
Call Sheryl at : (830) 460-3690 asap. $99 per night
PHONE CALL FOR DISCOUNT
Less than one mile away… $84 + tax per night.
Call (830) 796-3093 or visit www.texashillcountrymall.com
Carriage House Inn (Behind concert venue)
3 Units available (full apartments, sleeps 4)
Call (830) 796-4086
River Oak Inn
2 min drive away – on the river
Double room $109 + tax per night
Single king room – $99 per night
Call (830) 796-7751 / 2 or visit www.riveroakinn.com
- If you feel like camping… Cowboy Capital RV Park and Camping (SA Owned)
5 miles away…
Call Gerhard Retief on his cell : (832) 264-4580
This promises to be a fantastic pre-Valentines break-away weekend in the gorgeous Hill Country with friends and SA culture, music, braai, fun and sokkie !! 2 days of BLISS
See you there !!!
Bandera Is The Place To Be On Feb 8 & 9!
Questions or Comments? Post them below and we’ll answer them.