This ostrich recipe makes an ostrich pie called Ostrich Delight.
Ostrich Recipe – Ostrich Delight Pie
- 1 Pre-made roll of non-sweetened pastry (frozen)
- 1 Ostrich fillet and/or ostrich cubes
- Raw mushrooms (cut up)
- Raw onions (sliced)
- Salt and pepper
- Thaw pastry and meat completely.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out pastry and put the thawed meat and other ingredients inside.
- Roll it up and seal the ends with a bit of water.
- Oil a flat cookie sheet or baking dish.
- Put the roll in/on it. Cook for approximately 40 min.
- Serves 6 (or 3, says Jenny if she’s one of the guests!)
This ostrich recipe was submitted by Jenny Meadows, a Texan who lived in South Africa. Thanks!