This Peppermint Crisp fridge tart recipe is very easy to make and is an old-time South African favorite.
Peppermint Crisp Fridge Tart Recipe
- 1 can Caramel condensed milk
- 2 cups 2 cups ml Whipping cream
- 1 bar Peppermint Crisp (can substitute with a mint-flavored chocolate bar)
- 1 packet Tennis biscuits (can substitute with Graham crackers)
- Beat the cream until stiff.
- Fold in the condensed milk.
- Put a layer of caramel on each tennis biscuit and layer in a greased dish.
- Pour in the filling and grate the Pepermint crisp over the filling.
- Repeat layers ending with the filling as last layer.
- Grate a little chocolate over the top or crushed biscuits.
- Leave in fridge for 2 hours before serving. BAIE LEKKER
This fridge tart recipe was submitted by Nicolene Koedyk. Thanks!
Note: Peppermint Crisp is a chocolate bar made in South Africa. It may be tough to find outside South Africa. If you can’t get it in one of the online stores selling South African goods, try your local World Market (if you live in the US). Failing that, a peppermint-flavored chocolate bar will probably do the trick.
The same goes for Tennis biscuits. South Africans call cookies “biscuits”. Tennis biscuits are shortbread cookies. Try to buy them online. A good substitute is Graham crackers.