South Africans call them pancakes… Americans call them crepes… Either way, everyone loves them.
Here’s an easy pancakes crepes recipe that will delight everyone and make you their favorite cook!
Easy Pancakes / Crepes Recipe
- 4 cups Flour (All-Purpose)
- 4 Eggs
- 5 cups Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Oil
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. (The secret is to add the Baking Powder last and to mix very well.)
- Put a little oil or non-stick cooking spray in a medium-high heat pan.
- Add enough of the mix to the pan to cover the entire bottom of the pan with a thin layer.
- Bake on one side for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Flip the pancake using a spatula (egg-lifter, as we South Africans call it).
- Bake on the other side for about the same time.
- Remove from the pan. Some people spray a little butter on the pancake.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon-sugar (mix) on the pancake and roll it using a fork. You can also use a savory filling instead, if you choose.
I’m sure that you will absolutely love this easy pancakes recipe!