South Africans call them pancakes… Americans call them crepes… Either way, everyone loves them.
Here’s an easy pancakes crepes recipe that will delight everyone and make you their favorite cook!
Easy Pancakes / Crepes Recipe
Pancakes (aka Crepes) are a South African favorite. This recipe is easy and it works well.
- 4 cups Flour (All-Purpose)
- 4 Eggs
- 5 cups Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Oil
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. (The secret is to add the Baking Powder last and to mix very well.)
- Put a little oil or non-stick cooking spray in a medium-high heat pan.
- Add enough of the mix to the pan to cover the entire bottom of the pan with a thin layer.
- Bake on one side for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Flip the pancake using a spatula (egg-lifter, as we South Africans call it).
- Bake on the other side for about the same time.
- Remove from the pan. Some people spray a little butter on the pancake.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon-sugar (mix) on the pancake and roll it using a fork. You can also use a savory filling instead, if you choose.
I’m sure that you will absolutely love this easy pancakes recipe!
170 Ways To Cook Mouth-Watering South African Food In The USA
This new book, South African Cooking in the USA, contains 170 tried and tested South African recipes. It has never been easier!
- Quantities and volumes have been converted to US measures
- Recipes contain US equivalents for ingredients found only in South Africa
- More than 170 South African recipes to choose from, including:
- Buttermilk Rusks
- Monkeygland Steak
- Bunny Chow
- Hot Cross buns, and more...
Please share this information...