South Africans call them pancakes… Americans call them crepes… Either way, everyone loves them.
Here’s an easy pancakes / crepes recipes that will delight everyone and make you their favorite cook!
- 4 cups Flour (All-Purpose)
- 4 Eggs
- 5 cups Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Oil
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. (The secret is to add the Baking Powder last and to mix very well.)
- Put a little oil or non-stick cooking spray in a medium-high heat pan.
- Add enough of the mix to the pan to cover the entire bottom of the pan with a thin layer.
- Bake on one side for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Flip the pancake using a spatula (egg-lifter, as we South Africans call it).
- Bake on the other side for about the same time.
- Remove from the pan. Some people spray a little butter on the pancake.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon-sugar (mix) on the pancake and roll it using a fork. You can also use a savory filling instead, if you choose.
I’m sure that you will absolutely love this easy crepes / pancakes recipe!