Monkey Gland Sauce is a very popular condiment in South Africa that goes very well with steak, burgers, ribs, or chicken. It is a tangy sauce that includes a blend of fruit and spices. This Monkey Gland Sauce recipe will help you make your own!
Thanks to Mano Thanos for sending us this Monkey Gland Sauce recipe!
Monkey Gland Sauce Recipe
- 1 Onion chopped (chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Water
- 1 can Chopped and peeled tomatoes (the small can)
- 1 cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup Spicy chutney (Mrs. Ball's)
- 6 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Oil for frying
- In a pot or good sized saucepan, sautee the onions and the garlic, until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir thoroughly to combine and heat through
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for half an hour
- Serve a generous amount on your grilled or sauteed steak or burger
- You can also add a little Tobasco sauce for a bit of zing!
You can get the chutney in this recipe online or from World Market. Your other option is to use our chutney recipe and make your own.
If you make this Monkey Gland sauce, let us know in the comments below how it turned out 🙂